EBP Supply Solutions, a leading provider of Cleaning and Food Service supplies to commercial institutions, is currently seeking an experienced, conscientious, detail oriented and enthusiastic Purchasing Category Planner / Analyst position. This position is to support the Purchasing department by performing a variety of professional and analytical tasks that establish the bridge between the Negotiation and Supply Chain functions, which include vendor / item procurement, data verification, key market analytics and analytical reporting, purchase order expediting, bid coordination, strategic planning, and various other projects.
Reports to: Sourcing Manager
Location(s): Milford, CT
Compensation: Based on experience
Primary job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Purchase assigned lines of products from vendors into one or multiple company warehouse locations.
- Assist with purchase order acknowledgements; expedite missing or late purchase orders, manage backorders and special orders through vendor follow-ups, and confirm delivery appointments as required.
- Manage the return of special orders in a timely manner and in full compliance with the documented return policy and applicable return fee structure.
- Coordinate all warehouse transfers to include inventory review and communications between Sales, Customer Service, Operations, and Purchasing.
- Assist with Demand Planning (MRP) maintenance and reporting. Analyze all at-risk items for key accounts daily; recommend and initiate change as necessary.
- Analyze daily reports to determine root cause for backorders to include month-over-month reviews, ABCDE analysis, and vendor side-by-side comparisons.
- Run daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to analyze inventory position for all appointed SKUs by vendor, category, or sub-category. Communicate findings to Sourcing and Category Managers; making recommendations for suggested action(s).
- Analyze slow moving items (Life Cycle Management) and recommend methods for improvement.
- Review and evaluate opportunities to reduce transfers by vendor, warehouse, or item. Provide recommendations to supervisor and direct go-forward efforts.
- Coordinate the receipt, processing, tracking and communications surrounding bid activity. Understand front-end (sales / gross margin) and back-end (procurement / logistics) implications on the business.
- Assist with the management, processing, and reporting of Custom Stock and Custom Print agreements.
- Process all sample requests to include vendor follow-ups as needed.
- Respond to all vendor and field sales requests or inquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong system skills (AS400 applications, DRP, forecasting modules, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Business related subject matter or 3-5 years-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated working experience.
- 3-5 years Professional work experience (Purchasing/Distribution / Inventory Analytics would be a plus).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to manage paperwork, filing, and computer typing and using a telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company offers a competitive compensation package that is commensurate with experience as well as a broad range of benefits (Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Ins., Short & Long Term Disability Ins., EAP, Educational Assistance Program, etc..), and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Please send (email, fax or mail) resume in confidence to:
EBP Supply Solutions
200 Research Drive
Milford, CT 06460
Minority & Women Applicants are Encouraged to Apply